The Benefits Of Pilates
Pilates sessions last 45 mins and can be done anywhere with no special equipment. All you need is loose clothing and a towel or exercise mat.
Most people have their session at home or office and even share their session with a friend or two.
Try a session and decide for yourself.
Change the way you look and feel better, the Pilates way.
If in any doubt please consult your doctor before undertaking this or any other exercise program.
Pregnancy: check with your doctor but Pilates is an excellent form or Pre and Post Pregnancy exercise.
Beneficial for people of all ages’ aptitudes and fitness levels. Pilates is more than a passing exercise trend and is enjoyed a recent surge in popularity due in part to celebrity endorsements. After years of high impact, make ‘em sweat, feel the burn fitness workouts, there is great appeal in a slower safer sensible approach to health and wellbeing.
Pilates conditions the body from head to toe with a no-to-low impact approach suitable for all ages and abilities. It requires patients and practice but results will follow. Beware of Pilates programs that promise dramatic weight loss or overnight transformations. That’s not what pure Pilates is about. However with time and dedication Pilates practice can:
- Improve strength flexibility and balance
- Tone and build long lean muscles without bulk.
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core.
- Engage the mind and enhance body awareness.
- Condition effective patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury.
- Reduce stress relieve tension boost energy levels though deep stretching.
- Restore postural alignment.
- Create a stronger more flexible spine.
- Promote faster recovery from strain or injury.
- Increase joint range of motion.
- Improve circulation.
- Heighten neuromuscular coordination.
- Offer relief from back pain and joint stress.
- Correct over training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury.
- Enhance mobility agility and stamina.
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity.
- Improve the way your body looks and feels.